wegougo

we are leaving it all behind...Julie Ferguson 37, a native of Oregon, and Melissa Jones, 44, a native of nowhere, embark on a six month journey to see the world. Leaving jobs, family, pets, walla walla reds, and great friends... off we go!

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Boulangerie - I love you....

Julie here. I'd like to share with you one of the true pleasures of France. French pastries. They are melt in your mouth wonderful. Here in Biarritz, we are lucky enough to have a Boulangerie a short block from our flat. Each morning my day starts the same. Coffee and then a walk to the get my pastry and then more coffee when I return. Melissa has indulged a few times and also thinks they are terrific but her passion for French pastries does not quite match mine. One day she did have one with a hot dog in it that was remarkably tasty. I've almost tried each and every kind of pastry and we still have 4 mornings left. Some pastries have apples, some apricots, some cheese, and there's always the standard flaky, buttery croissant. Yum. The French are so serious about fresh bread and pastries that the Boulangerie was open on Christmas day. That was a treat because I chose one made with croissant dough and pecans. A great way to start the special day! If you find yourself in France be sure to indulge, it's worth it.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are all those sacks filled with pastries? I know that you will try them all!
mom n

7:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Julie,
I had faith in you for finding the pastry shops in France. You go girl.
TAJ

7:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pastry with a hot dog inside. What a novel idea. Sounds like a WV pepperoni roll to me.
TAJ

11:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home